Sunday, October 4, 2009

Slow Blow


Received some really good and really fun edits from Madrid based Nelue. He describes the selection of tracks as a "tribute to people I admire"; most of which I could i.d. but some others I was clueless on. Regardless, I really enjoy all of them, which lends insight as to how groovin' each and every track is. I thought I'd share my favorite of the bunch, that coincidentally really got the floor moving this past weekend - an edit of Hot R.S.

Most disco edits I enjoy listening to and playing out often retain the original sound and feel of the track, but have subtle updates to work on today's floors. This edit of Slow Blow exemplifies that.

Oh! And check out Nelue's latest work on Eskimo's fantastic release Cosmic Balearic Beats Vol.2.

Slow Blow / Hot R.S. - expired.

Slow Blow (Nelue Edit) / Hot R.S. - expired.