Monday, October 6, 2008

The Season of the Bitch


I'm putting together a Halloween mix and going through all sorts of random music tonight. I've pretty much got the set list - a quick 10 to 12 tracks through some weird and creepy shit. I don't wanna put too much thought or effort into it; because then all that happens is I labor over tracks and mixing (yes, I do it live – no ableton for mixes – well, at least not ones I'm doing for fun ; 0) and then its like October 30th and I still don't have the "perfect mix". Fuck that. It's all about making mixes like this in the moment. And I'm almost there. 
So over the course of the next few days, I plan on posting a couple of the tracks that didn't quite make the cut. And tonight we've got reject number one*

Phantasm (Disco Remix) / Captain Zorro - EXPIRED

*Now don't get me wrong – I dig this song. I mean, there's a reason I'm taking the time to post. It just didn't work with the flow of the mix.

No comments: