Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Don't Turn It Off

I was first introduced to 40 Thieves thru a Todd Terje mix (shocker!) for Beats In Space. His set was super good (duh?) and he ended it with the ender of all enders. I wasn't at all familiar with the track - let alone familiar that it was a cover. All I knew was that I needed it. I checked the tracklist and downloaded the Don't Turn It Off ep form BeatPort immediately. Weeks later I would discover that the track I was obsessing over was a Hot Chocolate cover. If you don't know who Hot Chocolate are, be sure to check the Wiki link above. I'm waaay to ADHD to explain their history; its a long one. But its awesome. They are one of three groups to score a UK chart hit every year in the 1970's. The only other two are Elvis and Diana Ross. Crazy. I have included both the 40 Thieves and the Hot Chocolate version of Don't Turn It Off for you to check out. Hope you enjoy.

Don't Turn It Off / Hot Chocolate (zshare) - EXPIRED

Don't Turn It Off / 40 Thieves (zshare) - EXPIRED

No comments: